For the Season of Creation (the month of September) we will be worshipping with communion - off-site a various outdoor spaces in the nearby neighbourhoods - and also uploading a short service for those who can't join us in-person.
The Church building will serve as a rain location - and if it's looking like rain, we'll let folks know a couple hours before on our Facebook page. You can also text us at 778 977 7562 on the day-of.
Aleesha will be with the kids most weeks as we gather for communion outdoors.
- September 6 -Willows Beach - someone will be at Tea House before 3 to direct folks.
- September 13 - CANCELLED/POSTPONED DUE TO SMOKE WARNINGS. Blessing of bikes and backpacks for back to school postponed until September 27th. Join us for curated YouTube wild church / abbeychurch worship.
- September 20 - Matt' Humphrey's Ordination - we will offer a livestream at the church for those who wish to gather and a socially distanced party afterwords - drop us a line for location.
- September 27 - Blessing of the bikes and backpacks - LOCATION TBD
- October 4th - Church courtyard for blessing of the animals (feel free to bring an animal friend) and feast of St. Francis of Assisi. This worship will also be livestreamed as well.
For those unable to join in person for September, we will be posting a short reflective worship on our YouTube page featuring music, prayers and a reflection/sermon.
For October, we'll be back to worship most Sundays at 3pm both in-person (with Covid precautions) at 600 Richmond and livestreaming via YouTube here at 3pm each Sunday and on our Facebook page. Please do join us in any way you feel you can. AbbeyKids meets Sundays at 3 as well.
Online chat will be monitored on YouTube and prayer requests can also be emailed.
The bulletin, to follow (or sing at home!) along the service can be found here.
The Emmaus Community and AbbeyChurch friends continue to meet for morning prayer each weekday (7:45am) and Saturdays (9am) via zoom - for more information on how to join us, please email [email protected]. Liturgies and psalter are posted on this website as well.
For those unable to join in-person on Sunday, we're willing o bring communion/eucharist to folks within Victoria.
Welcome to the AbbeyChurch where all are welcomed at Jesus' table.
Come as you are.
We are an intergeneratonal worshipping community of ragamuffins & misfits, saints and sinners who seek to be led by God's Spirit into lives of prayer, presence (with God, each other and our neighbourhoods) and simplicity.
We are a ministry of the Emmaus Community, a neo-monastic intentional community - and we are a shared ministry of the Anglican Church of Canada and the United Church of Canada in are in full communion with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada. We regularly partner with Wild Church Victoria to do outdoor-themed worship.
You are beloved. Come as you are.
Watch a replay of livestreams of our Sunday worship...