At the AbbeyChurch we strive to:
* drink from the many ‘streams of living water’ of the Christian faith
* be a place that welcomes questions and messiness
* be a place that strives to worship well
* be a place that welcomes children and elders and all that they bring
* be rooted in living tradition as well as breathe new life into ancient ways of worshiping (an ‘ancient-future’ faith)
* encourage artistic input – welcoming the gifts of artists
* be musically eclectic (Palestrina, Rend Collective, Taize chant, traditional hymnody, spirituals, praise, bluegrass / roots & Leonard Cohen are all welcome)
* draw on monastic and mystical traditions of the Christian faith (hence the name “The AbbeyChurch”)
* seek to send us out to be signs, servants and symbols of God’s reign
* be (truly and deeply!) welcoming to and affirming the gifts of all; regardless of age, culture/ethnicity, economic strata, sexuality or gender identity.
* draw on the many gifts of leadership in music, preaching/teaching & liturgy in the community
* be consciously welcoming to people on the margins of church, culture and society
* above all, be Christ-centred (that is, focused on Jesus – and the Triune God as the focus of our common worship).